My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Better Homes and Gardens Shoot

I have to apologize for not blogging yesterday while at the Better Homes and Gardens shoot and O Magazine party. The events were back-to-back and both were extremely exciting and intense so we just couldn't blog while things were happening. But I am here now to give you the behind the scenes of the first event yesterday morning. It was a special shoot with Better Homes and Gardens for their May 2010 issue. I can't give away all the details yet {you'll have to check out the issue in May}, but here's a little scoop about the shoot.

At the shoot was a crew of brilliantly talented people. Photographer Francois Dischinger , who has captured Sienna Miller, Mariah Carey, Georgina Chapman, Frieda Pinto, and many others, photographed me for this feature. Fashion stylist Jonny Lichtenstein who has styled Brooke Shields, Jane Fonda, Meredith Viera, Emma Thompson, and many more, was there with his team to dress me up from head to toe in lots of frocks, shoes, and accessories. My makeup and hair stylist Valerie Velez curled my locks and painted my face to perfection. Other fab people included amazing prop stylist Marcus Hay and his team, the BHG editorial and art team, as well as many others! I CANNOT wait until this issue hits the stands in May so you can all see this great article! Okay, now on to some behind the scenes pictures...

Val curling my hair...


Val doing her magic while BHG Editor Kelly Phillips interviews me...


Val's makeup area


The racks of designer frocks..There were also tables of jewelry and tons of shoes!


Jonny picking out clothing for me...


Getting ready to get dressed...


Francois getting ready for the shoot..


The crew getting ready for the shoot...


Lots of candy jars for the shoot...


BHG Art Director Amy and crew looking at photographs onscreen...


BHG photo staffer checking color of pictures onscreen...


I'll fill you in on more of this issue as we get closer to May! Come back next week so I can fill you in on the O Magazine event!

3 comments:

A Lifestyle Thing said...

I can't wait to pick up these issues! From what I can see here, the colors of your set-up look so fresh and fun! Dying to see the whole thing.
xo-Sharon Taylor

Kate Kelleher said...

Wow that all looks like so much fun! When it is published please post a picture so those of us in London can see!

Jen said...

Looks like such a fun time! Congrats on the feature and can't wait to see how the photos turned out :)

Back to Top