My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thanksgiving Dessert Buffet

Thanksgiving is hands-down my favorite holiday. Growing up, Thanksgiving was the big holiday in our house and it still is to this day. There is something about the holiday that makes me giddy with excitement. Time stands still on Thanksgiving weekend and my family and I eat, talk, eat, talk, and eat and talk some more well into the night! For me, the holiday evokes memories of marshmallows bubbling on sweet potatoes, my mom’s amazing onion & mushroom stuffing, and of course our delicious turkey in the oven. My mom used to start prepping our turkey on Thanksgiving Eve, and my brother and I would awake to the aroma of gravy simmering on the stove. This year, I am hosting Thanksgiving and am having my whole family over for Thanksgiving in my home. I have so much to be thankful for and will relish every moment during this holiday.

Since Thanksgiving is this week, we decided to mock up a dessert buffet with lots of Thanksgiving goodies that you can create at home for your own Thanksgiving holiday. Some highlights are mini mayflower boats filled with candy, pilgrim hat cupcakes, turkey window favor bags, and apple cider with cinnamon sticks. We hope you enjoy it!

Photography by Allan Zepeda for Mel Barlow Photography.




































22 comments:

Ali said...

Wow! You are so inspiring, I love the little acorn cookies.

Anonymous said...

So cute Amy! I love it all! Those li'l pilgrim hat cupcakes are too cute to handle.

Party in the Box said...

Just beautiful and delicious like everything you do.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Greetings from Brazil!

Gabriella Cavalheiro
Party in the Box
www.partyinthebox.com.br

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always. The turkeys are adorable.

Unknown said...

so, so cute!

Angelena said...

OH I love everything so many great details.Just Fab!

Renee said...

How did you make those cute little turkeys?? Cute

the shoppe owner said...

this is really so adorable. so many great ideas hidden in there!

ANAPHOTO said...

So intricate! Don't you just LOVE the fall color palette right now! I have to go get me some apple cider RIGHT NOW after reading this post. Thanks!

DollFace Delights said...

Wow, you guys always amaze me!

Lise M@Urban Style Vibes said...

Wow Amy this is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I will share this on Urban Style Vibes later this week.

Have a lovely day!

Kind Regards,

Lise M.
www.urbanstylevibes.com

Morgan said...

Beautiful! Well done, Amy! I LOVE the dipped pears.

Vicki Grafton Photography said...

I love those pears! The bar is just amazing! Great inspiration

shannon said...

so when does this come to my house this year? :) everything is adorable and looks delicious!!!

Joanna said...

That is beautiful. I love all the fall colors.

testing 1 said...

Once again, another amazing spread; can't wait to share!

Willa said...

I'd love a tutorial on making the turkey cookies... pretty pretty please!!

Sue said...

Love it all!!! Adorable edibles!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

That is the CUTEST table Amy! The cupcakes are super and I love the pears. What a great idea:-)

Anne said...

Fantastic buffet! Love the pears!

Unknown said...

You thought of it all, truly amazing!

real estate agent Toronto said...

I love thanksgiving a lot!
Maybe it is because I celebrate in two times - two tasteful dinners, two really great evenings...it's because half of my family lives in the US and the other half in Canada.
It could not be better!
And your cupcakes are gorgeous!

Back to Top