My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Behind the Scenes - Passover

Last night was the first night of Passover and we hosted a seder for over 20 family and friends. For our family, Passover is a big deal. Grandpa leads the seder and we read the Haggadah from beginning to end and sing Passover songs throughout the night. This was our first time hosting and my boys were really excited to play host to their cousins! They decorated matzo covers, handmade place settings, and lots of Passover signs throughout our home. My older son named himself chief assistant of decor {anyone who knows him will totally get this!} and designed Passover signs for our front door...not sure what the neighbors will think about this! We used a pink and chartreuse color palette since it is vibrant and complements our china. For table centerpieces, we used floral arrangements with gorgeous sweet pea, ranunculus and anemones. It smelled minty and fresh and instantly brought a touch of spring into our home. We ate lots of haroset, brisket, apricot-farfel stuffed capons, and kugel. Tonight is the second seder so I'm off to get ready again, but I just wanted to give you a peek into our home on the holidays. Enjoy!

Getting the china ready...


Lots of flowers...


Cutting the flowers...


Flowers starting to come together...


Sweet pea, ranunculus, anemones..just beautiful!


My older son getting ready for the Seder by reading his Passover book...


Placecards and Passover signs made by my kids...


Matzo covers made by my kids...


The full table (my older son insisted that the napkins be placed on the chair, instead of the traditional place on or next to the plate) ...

15 comments:

Pretty Party Studio said...

So elegant at home! I love it!

Mrs. Hot Cocoa said...

I love the pop of the green and fuschia! We did buttercup yellow - just to bring a bit of spring indoors, since it was pouring here in Boston - but I'd love to do a bright palette like yours next pesach.

Moosette said...

Ooh! I am drooling over those flower arrangements - so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful, warm seder you made. seems like you have some very talented young sons also!

SimaG Jewelry said...

B E A U T I F U L seder!!!!

פסח שמח & חג שמח to you and your family!

Niki said...

I love the pink and green color scheme...the flowers were perfect.

Gerry Snape said...

this must have been a most special evening for you all.We have held a passover meal for our family in the past although we are not Jewish as it is a time of rememering for us all in our various families. Thsnkyou for this.stednedr

Hello Lover... said...

I think he's on to something with the whole napkin on the chair thing!

Beautiful tablescape - I really love all your work - I've been following you for 2 years now since my own wedding!

Sandi said...

the flowers are adorable!

Anonymous said...

beautiful i love your passover table i want to wish you happy passover from me in israel

Bella Baker said...

the table looks beautiful and that is so sweet of your boys to be so helpful! Happy passover to you and your family!

MMW said...

Our family also LOVES LOVES LOVES that Passover book which your son is reading. Fantastic. What a beautiful seder you hosted. So fresh for spring - and a reminder of the spiritual side of this season.
xoxo MMW

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Just discovered your blog. Gosh, that is the most beautiful Pesach table I've ever seen! Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to perusing the rest of your blog! Lynn

Olga @ MangoTomato said...

Love pink/green combination. And the flowers are gorgeous.

A friend just told me about your blog today and the photos and ideas are lovely :)

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Thanks for sharing your personal seder dinner photos with us.

Back to Top