My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

1, 2, 3...Blast Off!



Last week was my son Zachary’s birthday and we threw him a birthday party that was out of this world! It was a small party, with just his pals from school, and all the kids had a blast! The party was at the Craft Studio (they were amazing, btw!), an adorable kid's birthday venue in Manhattan. His small table (I didn’t want to go crazy, after all…he is only 5!) came with a space cake, space cookies, and earth ball chocolates.

Here are some details that had Zach over the moon...

Keeping with our signature monochromatic look, we limited the colors to red, white, blue and silver.

We had a space cake created with ufo cookies, planet cookies and rocket cookies.



Remember satellite wafer candies? We used these nostalgic candies to create a flying saucer garland to border our cake plate. It was really fun making that! We also used a milkglass cake stand with a ring around the stand to mimic the ring around Saturn.



We included a cookie favor board so that the kids could take cookies home after the party. We found fabric with little red stars and used it to tie around cello bags on a space cookie favor board.




We provided these personalized rocket-shaped favors for Zach's friends to take home. We filled all of the rocket favors with foiled chocolate earth balls.



We provided these personalized rockets hats for Zach and his friends to wear during the cake festivities.



We hung this personalized rocket garland above the cake.



We hung papier mache planets over the table. DIY details from my dear friend Linda Facci of Facci Designs on how to make these later on my blog!

The kids did space-inspired activities (space face painting, space plaster projects) on these customized constellation table mats. The table was also filled with more papier mache planets to make the kids feel as though they were in space!



Other favor goodies included star brownies, astronaut food and space2-0 water from the the space store, as well as rocket lollipops.


Photography by Jen Huang Photography.

21 comments:

the shoppe owner said...

Out of this world, indeed! What a fun party it must have been! I wish my son were in your son's class! ha ha ha.

I hope you enjoyed celebrating your little guy. They grow up so quickly, don't they?

Alannah Rose said...

gorgeous amy, love the rocket cake!

thoughtful day said...

i love it! so sweet!!!

Clo by Clau! said...

This is so cool!

I´m planning a table inspired in your ideas for my nephew´s b-day, I will take pictures and post them on my blog… I´ll let you know when I post them…

I love your blog and your tables ;)
everithing you do is very inspiring

Saludos from México

Clau!

La Table De Nana said...

So cute!!!

cookies and cups said...

awesome! I just had a space party for my 4 year old in july ~ i wish I would have all these sweet ideas!!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful job,your son is very lucky to have a designer as a mother. Exquisite production!

Lynn from Florisan

Ginger said...

This is such a cute idea! Thanks for the endless inspirations;)

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

So fun! The details are amazing! I'm sure all the kids had a great time and loved all of the space treats!

CWBD Parties said...

You are so amazing! I love the hats and the treat bags - awesome! You just gave me the theme for my son's 2nd birthday! Thank you for sharing!

gretchen _ mywedding.com said...

this is so 'out of this world!' :)

love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea. What great attention to detail!!! My triplet nephews would love this party idea.

Ms. Twixt said...

LOVE THIS!! Please post more kids' party decor ideas! We also do candy themed parties (Treats by Twixt) for tween girls in Washington, DC http://http://tiny.cc/TreatsByTwixt

Loralee - No Fuss Fabulous said...

Way cute!

Chelsea said...

cute!

ah li said...

AWESOME !!!

Tania McCartney said...

Absolutely glorious. I don't know how on earth (scuse the pun) you cut that cake! Just too precious.

:: imprintables:: said...

perfection!

Tori {Thoughtfully Simple} said...

I love the way you transformed he cake stand- so simple to do, yet completely added to your theme.

Kim @ The Celebration Shoppe said...

I'm sure he was over the moon... and I'm sure my readers will be too. Great job mom!

Unknown said...

this party really seems out of the world, amazing! i want to share information about party rentals. if you are interested then visit this link
http://www.elitejumpers.net/

Back to Top