My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentine's Day Dessert Table



Valentine's Day is just around the corner and what a better time than now to create a dessert bar filled with sweets! We recently made a dessert bar for Better TV and gave their viewers some do-it-yourself tips for making a Valentine's Day spread for a loved one.

Playing off the theme "love is the key to my heart" we included key cupcakes and custom "love is the key to my heart" chocolate bars. We opted for a bubblegum pink, light pink and pale grey color palette instead of the expected pink and red palette. I've wanted to play with those colors for some time and thought Valentine's Day would be the perfect holiday to experiment with the palette. On the table were some delicious goodies including a macaron tower, ruffled buttercream cake, and lots of pink candy! To give it a nostalgic feel, we served strawberry milk in "Be Mine" glasses. The ladies from Wiley Valentine designed the beautiful paperie elements for the table for us and Patti Paige of Baked Ideas created the elegant key cupcakes and heart cookies for us. Annabelle of Belathee Photography stopped by and captured these gorgeous photographs.

As you are getting ready for Valentine's Day...consider making a dessert bar for your loved one instead of giving a simple box of wrapped chocolates. You will certainly get the key to your loved one's heart if you create a dessert bar like the one above! I'll be back tomorrow with more details of the table including the macaron tower and a handmade cupcake stand!

I'll also be back at 12pm EST today to tell you the winner of the sought after Rosanna cake stand giveaway. We had over 865 people enter the contest for our first product giveaway! Be sure to come back at 12pm for the results!

29 comments:

Megan said...

Amazing, as usual! I especially love the pink ruffle cake, which looks a lot like the cake I served at my daughter's first birthday party (four years ago--yikes! Time flies). Photo here of her digging into her mini version of it:
http://z.about.com/d/kidsparties/1/0/K/0/-/-/first-birthday.jpg

Rowaida said...

So Beautiful and inspiring! It is always a pleasure reading your blog, you have a great taste and style. You should publish your own book. I will be the first to order it!
Wish you great success.
Rowaida Flayhan

Candy Japlos said...

This is just so pretty! I love the dessert bar idea for this Valentine's Day. I might try it out when I celebrate Valentine's Day with my group of girlfriends.
Please check out my blog too, I made a bouquet of chocolate flowers for Valentine's. You might like it too. Here's my link: http://sweetdreamsbycandy.blogspot.com/

Kayleen Taulanga said...

Amazing! I love the pink and gray, the ruffle cake and the key cupcakes!

Sheila... said...

wow!!! just... wow.
Thats all I can say.

awesome job

Carla Cavellucci Landi said...

omg, omg... I don't know where to start looking at... sometimes I'd love to be you :), sometimes I'd love to have friends nearby to make something like this (I'm expat)... so I have to be happy only dreaming of it! Love, love, love everything, the choice of colors is just perfect, as everything you make... your blog and work is amazingly stunning. You deserve your success!

Enchanted Expectations said...

This dessert buffet is the key to my heart. Amazing as usual. I love the colors grey & pink. I wear them all the time!

Jordan - Polkadot Prints said...

looks beautiful! I love the pink/grey combo dainty and bold all at the same time!

Bea said...

I love the Dessert Table! I like the color palette, and taking off red from V-Day...

Antowedding said...

Adorable!! Super Pink!!

Unknown said...

Amazing as usual! Love it! Go pink! lol

Kim
http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

Kathryn F. said...

Wow Amy - you've really outdone yourself. This is beautiful. I especially love the cupcakes w/the keys. I completely agree - you should really write a book. Happy Valentine's Day.

Cassidy said...

wow beautiful ! i wish i could create dessert tables like this ..
by the way , REALLY loving the colors !

jennifer said...

I love all of your candy table layouts. they are all so beautiful. Let me ask you...do you plan these out like writing down or drawing how your going to place every item on the table or what type of platters and bowls to use?

Sue said...

WOW! LOVE the "key to your heart" cupcakes(at least that's what I think they are), and the ruffle cake! FABULOUS! Is that pink milk? You think of everything!

Amy T @ Swizzle Events said...

So sweet! Love it! I did a valentine sweet bar for my son's 3rd grade class party last year and it was a huge hit. This could be a great rendition for this year! Thanks for sharing1

Christina Studio Designs said...

I seriously am in love with your design aesthetic. Thanks so much for sharing! Someday, when I don't live in a 350 square foot apartment with my husband {and dog, lol} I'm going to throw amazingly beautiful parties!!!!!

oh to dream .....

Ashley said...

I love this table spread. It would even be great for a Barbie/Ken themed party! Cute!

Truly Smitten said...

I seriously love this v-day dessert table! Your designs truly knock my socks off =)

Renee said...

looks great and love the colours! can't wait to hear about the diy cupcake stand!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm planning on baking some Valentine's Day treats myself this year, and this has given me some great ideas.

Sharnel said...

Amy, i love the colour palette you choose. The grey is beautiful.
Sharnel
x

Craftiness NOW said...

lovely, so refreshing to look at pretty pictures at the end of a long day, i love your style, thank you :-)

kara's party ideas said...

So adorable. LOVE. IT. AS. ALWAYS.

Pattern Patisserie said...

I love pink, I love desserts, I am almost passing put at the deliciousness of this post. Thank you!!

Karina Guerra said...

Loved it. I am sharing a link at: http://www.planetforwomen.com

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Hey...I blogged and mentioned your site and added the GORGEOUS Vday arrangement above! Thank you for the inspiration! :)))

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Johan Donald said...

wow nice !! I wish I could create dessert tables like this ..
Excellent colors !!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

Unknown said...

Looks great and love the colours!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day !!!

Back to Top