My blog has moved! Redirecting...

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://blog.amyatlas.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Poolside Dessert Table in the Hamptons

I provided a sneak peek last week about the party that I helped create for my client in the Hamptons. Here are some more pictures of the event, which are also featured on Style Me Pretty today.

It was my client's sister's (Ellen) 50th birthday and her client's son's (Scott) 25th birthday. The party was an intimate family gathering in their home in Southampton. The apple green and taupe color scheme was inspired by the linens and placemats that the client was using for her dinner table. For all of Scott's details on the dessert table, the main color was taupe. For all of Ellen's details, the main color was apple green.












The client loved the pattern of her placemats that she was using for her dinner and we incorporated that design into the dessert table. For example, the loop detail on Ellen's candy bags (above) had that pattern. Ellen's popcorn cups (below) also had the loopy pattern that mimicked the placemats. We also had cookies and mini cupcakes created using that same loop detail.







For the client's son's 25th birthday, the client had bought her son an A Lange & Sohne watch. We had a cake replicated to look like the A Lange & Sohne watch and giftbox. The watch and giftbox were made completely out of sugar and cake! We also brought in his watch details in Scott's personalized popcorn cups (below) and Scott's candy bags that are hanging on the tree (third picture from the top)






The client's sister loves hydrangeas so we had a cake created to look like a flower pot filled with hydrangeas (also completely made out of sugar and cake). There were hydrangea details on the petit fours as well.

Other sweet details:

In Scott and Ellen's respective candy bags (on the tree) were their favorite candies. We filled Scott's bags with reeses peanut butter cups and butterfingers, and Ellen's bags were filled with her favorite cookies from a cookie shop in the Southampton.
We created custom straws so that the guests could drink their sparkling water with personalized Happy Birthday Scott/Ellen flags.
Best of all, I had the pleasure of working with the sweetest clients imaginable! It was wonderful creating something special for such a warm and lovely family.

Photography by Dawn Giarrizzo

24 comments:

Lisa Schneider said...

Looks delicious. Love the idea of the favor bags hanging on the tree.

Cannelle Et Vanille said...

it's beautiful amy!

Ash said...

oh wow! I just love all this!

Jackie said...

You never stop inspiring, Amy. I love this table!

Simply Colette said...

Just found your blog... Wow! I'm so amazed at the creativity. I absolutely love your work. The Hamptons pool party looked so fun!

Have a good day!

I BLEED PINK said...

This is beyond belief Amazing!!

lilybox said...

wow! truly inspiring. You take simple details and turn them into magical moments. What more can I say!!!

Pepe Gorima said...

I love your work. Very inspiring. Have you ever incorporated candy floss into any of your dessert buffets? I`d love to see how that turns out!!!

allison said...

Hi Amy,

Simply delightful! I admire your genius and creativity.

rubyandjoy said...

I LOVE that 'tree'! It looks amazing! I'm all inspired :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning, Amy! I think that one word covers everything.

Jen said...

wow! love this. so perfect. nice job amy!

handmade charlotte said...

I am IN LOVE with Amy Atlas! I would post her every day! I am in love wits last one for sure!!!!

Sugarcoated said...

gorgeous greens and more inspiring ideas! That tree is gorgeous.

weddingchic said...

Your designs look so amazing, some of the best I have ever seen. Just Beautiful

mommy of yummies said...

i love the tree idea. in the jewish religion there is a bday party at age three. the main message is that we compare ourselves to trees. i would love to use the tree theme, but, do i have to make it a green theme? can i still incorporate another color?
please write about colors, what goes etc

Laurel said...

Everything you do is just spectacular. Wow- Really beautiful. You are just amazing.
xo-

kat72 said...

This is so awesome. Can you share the information on how to create the popcorn cups?

Thanks

Helene said...

Gorgeous!The color scheme is perfect!

cdc080903 said...

could you tell me where the popcorn boxes were ordered from

Anonymous said...

love all these ideas! I just made a comment about your talent on my blog: http://love-luck-kisses-cake.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

love your ideas! I just made a comment about your blog on my site:

http://love-luck-kisses-cake.blogspot.com/

cdc080903 said...

Could you possibly leave a comment on where you ordered the popcorn cups from? I'm planning a baby shower and I think those would be great for mints & nuts. Thanks!!
`

KELLY said...

Gorgeous! Where did you get the green popcorn cups/bags?

Back to Top